History: The City Club is a three-story masonry building above a basement level. Its only street facing First Avenue South elevation is clad in buff brick with an extensive metal ornamentation, all painted one color. The original structure was one story and dated from 1897. It housed the Olympus Café, an elegant restaurant from 1897 to 1915. The top two floors were added in 1905 to accommodate a much larger Olympus Café, including the classically designed Venetian Room, the German Room, the Blue Room and the Lumberman’s Club, which took up the whole of the top floor. The Seattle City Club occupied the building from 1908 to 1911. Subsequently, the City Club, described as a posh gentleman’s club or gambling club, as well as the City Club Café, occupied the building from 1927 to 1933. The City Club Hotel occupied the upper floors from 1928 to 1965. The building facade stands out because of the combination of Beaux Arts and Art Nouveau architectural detailing. The ornate second and third stories were added in 1905 by Heins & La Farge, with Somervell and Cote as the local supervising architects.
Duration of Engagement: Summer 2012 to Current
Assignment: QFC Real Estate sourced the opportunity for the Buyer and was retained to perform asset management services including handling all accounting, 3rd party brokerage agreement and relations as well as overseeing all construction, vendor and tenant relations.
Services: Asset Management, Full Service Accounting and Reporting, Property Inspections, Vendor Management, 3rd Party Broker Oversight, Project Management and Construction Supervision.